Reply to post: Still stroking with my beloved mods

Mods I have known, Mods I have loved, Mods I have hated: Motorola's failed experiment is now a savvy techie's dream

Sputterwall

Still stroking with my beloved mods

One comment up front regarding the 360 camera mod. When I first got that and started playing with it I was enthralled. Yes the ultimate quality of the pictures and video leave much to be desired, however after shooting some handheld video with it, I went all out and located a decent gimbal (Hohem) and an extendable selfie stick that screws to the handle. I can tell you that your caverns example would have ended up very impressive if shot that way. In watching it you would find all sorts of things you missed when you were there. It can actually be incredible enough that you forgive the quality.

When I got my first mod capable phone I had handy money to burn, so I spent an extra $500 on the 360 and Hasselblad mods, and never regretted it for a second. I have a Nikon DM3200 with 2 lenses, and the Hasselblad beats the quality I can get from that, in addition to being beyond convenient. I could post you some pretty amazing pictures I have taken with the Hasselblad. I am able to shoot a picture, preview it, take a well framed and zoomed screenshot and text it to a friend in a minute or two. I have also since added the JBLs, but that and the cameras are all I really need for what I want.

I realize that tech has progressed in the 5 years I have had things exactly the way I want them, phone-wise. I am progressing in other ways, like doing higher quality 360 shooting with a drone. I will be ready when the next ideal phone comes along for me. So far? I'm sticking with what I know works :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021