Reply to post: Re: I look forward to the time.

Segway to Heaven: Mega-hyped wonder-scooter that was going to remake city transport to cease production

My other car WAS an IAV Stryker
Thumb Up

Re: I look forward to the time.

I occasionally (once every 1-3 months) write "seque" on my sheet music** when one song ends and there's not a significant break (but there is *some* pause) before the next one, especially when a page turn is involved. Learned that back in high school being in the pit band for musical theater. (There was a different term for when the music takes ZERO break -- don't drop the beat -- between songs.)

** Church drummer: classic hymns to Southern gospel to contemporary Christian radio. I'm an old band geek, and my new set is a Roland almost-top-of-the-line digital so I can switch from rock to marches to bongos to timpani with just some buttons or the jog wheel.

I think this --> is the first time I've ever written "Segway" in any form. And likely the last, too. Thus the bastardized version dies and the original term lives on so long as there is musical and theatrical (including TV/films) performance.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon