Reply to post: Re: Don't bring politics here

Hey NYPD, when you're done tear-gassing and running over protesters, can you tell us about your spy gear?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Don't bring politics here

Fine, fine, maybe I over-reacted because instead of just reading the article I made the mistake of checking the comments which pushed me over the edge.

It still annoys me that politics (especially dem vs rep) gets into everything though. People I follow on twitter for security news and opinion suddenly bust out political opinions (as is their right) but it still annoys me. I had a think about why it does and this is what I realised:

Ignoring people you disagree with is easy, but it's actually problematic as well. Not responding to or challenging a point you believe is wrong can feel like tacit support. However, Twitter and article comments sections are really poor ways of having a constructive disagreement. So I remain silent, and just get internally frustrated instead.

Then I have to decide whether to keep reading stuff I disagree with without being able to respond in an effective, constructive manner, or do I stop reading sources that are useful most of the time? I don't like either answer.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon