Reply to post: Re: Why do people put with this nonsense?

Windows 10 once more in print condition: Microsoft applies out-of-band fix to Patch Tuesday cock-up

anthonyhegedus Silver badge

Re: Why do people put with this nonsense?

Actually, Windows has always been bad, and not really fit for purpose. Quality control is and always has been reprehensible. Windows NT was basically incomplete; Windows 95, 98 etc was fundamentally flawed - as an OS. Windows 2000 and XP sort of made it , except they were a breeding ground for viruses due to their inherent insecurity.

I feel it began to take a bit of a tumble with that clown Steve Ballmer and his love of the unusable and irrelevant tile interface. He was absolutely in love with the concept of Windows Phones and Windows Desktop being one-and-the-same, implementing things like the useless Touch where it wasn't wanted. It wasn't just the UI and UX it was the OS itself - still clunky and inefficient.

I actually feel that Satya is going in the right direction, but the trouble is that there's so much legacy in there that it'll always be an unwieldy and unstable OS.

We use it, because it's actually remarkably flexible, not because it's brilliant. I do feel that it's getting better but they do need to concentrate on quality control and actually helping the end users not hindering them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon