Reply to post: Wait

As Uncle Sam flies spy drones over protest-packed cities, Homeland Security asks the public if that's a good idea

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Wait

Am I the only one that sees sensationalism?

Over the past few weeks, protests and marches have been held, mostly peacefully, in nearly every major city in America against systemic racism, police brutality, and the disproportional targeting of people of color.

***In response, officers flew off the handle and attacked citizens exercising their right to protest, and shot at journalists covering the unrest. ***

Now a number of police departments face defunding and disbanding amid stinging criticism.

In the context given, this sounds like it happened in "nearly every major city". I'll admit I've become desensitized to the demonstrations, have I missed more police brutality? (Mr. Floyd should NOT have died that day, there are bad people, regardless of skin color, and America and Americans have done terrible things in the course of history... Along with Germans, Britons, Africans, pick your nationality. Oh, and not all cops are bad but certainly brutality is real.)

Anyways, in how many cities did officers fly off the handle and attack citizens, shooting at people?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon