Reply to post: Re: Buy more cars - drive them less

BoJo looks to jumpstart UK economy with £6k taxpayer-funded incentive for Brits to buy electric cars – report

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Buy more cars - drive them less

you click the filter on your favourite booking platform and select one that has electric car charging points available."

Oddly, I was staying at a very large, well appointed hotel in Nottingham a few months ago. They 8 charging points, which was quite impressive. I have no idea if there were time limits on their usage, ie, you go move your car once it's charged, but when I got back each day at about 6pm, they were all occupied apart from the one that was also a disabled parking bay.

I'd like to think that the hotel had some sort of system in place that guests would be in a virtual queue for charging time and got a text message when a slot became available. If my car had been electric instead of diesel, I'd have been ok as not only could I charge at the office, but a full charge would have done me all week anyway. But this was a BIG hotel and conference centre. 8 charge points clearly wasn't enough even with the current relatively low take up of plug-ins. Especially since many of the guest were conference delegate on a day or two trip and would want a full charge before heading back.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon