Reply to post: Re: BTW: How did that work out?

Developers renew push to get rid of objectionable code terms to make 'the world a tiny bit more welcoming'

bombastic bob Silver badge
Megaphone

Re: BTW: How did that work out?

Did that original someone *ever* do anything else 'worthwhile' for that open source project? Or any other?

I'd like to seriously know. My guess: No. REAL developers care about programming and functionality and quality. NOT "that".

from the article: activists in the software community have taken the opportunity to remind people that they're trying to do away with terminology tied to racial oppression.

That's right. ACTIVISTS are doing this. And they're busy trying to define what the "RULES" are that are allegedly being "violated". [insert usual comments here]

And maybe the best way to RESIST it is to IGNORE the lunacy, until it goes away. Because, bending to it will ONLY get you EVEN MORE lunacy in return.

That's how *I* see it, In My Bombastic Opinion.

/me steps down from my soapbox, puts the bullhorn back in its case, and goes back to just writing code, and ignoring feelings, as usual. I think I'll focus on having it WORK and NOT have serious vulnerabilities. That seems to be a LOT more important!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon