Reply to post: Re: One solution...

Creeps give away money to harass recipients with abusive transaction descriptions on bank statements

TonyJ Silver badge

Re: One solution...

I'm not sure why it was such an unpopular suggestion. I'd like to understand why the downvoters did so. Note: I am not taking it personally etc but I am genuinely curious why people seem to believe protecting victims of abuse shouldn't have options for all available protections to be looked at...if I missed something, I'd really appreciate the thoughts on what etc.

And... we're not talking about your mate down the pub, here, though. We're talking about a potentially very vulnerable person who has already been subject to abuse.

Steps are already taken to protect people in these situations from other forms of abuse. This would add another layer onto those protections, and prevent them from ever even seeing the abuse.

A report button is all well and good but it still means that the victim has to see the reference - that can be debilitating for them.

Nor am I suggesting that this is something needed in every single case, but as an additional layer of protections

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021