Reply to post: Re: "Yes, Anon activists are back."

As anti-brutality protests fill streets of American cities, netizens cram police app with K-Pop, airwaves with NWA

LucreLout

Re: "Yes, Anon activists are back."

There are good reasons to protest Floyd's death. I think the policeman did something wrong and needs to be held to account, but probably not strangling Floyd with his knee. My understanding (caveat - from a web site) is that the medical report said there was no physical trauma to the neck which would have resulted in strangulation. Whatever "kneeling on Floyd's neck" entailed, it was not lethal physical trauma.

The purpose of kneeling on his neck is two-fold. Firstly it restrains his head such that he cannot headbutt an officer. Remember, Floyd, you, me, they don't know us so they have to assume we might headbutt them, and Floyd was a rather strong looking man.

The second purpose is to cut off oxygen such that it weakens the person you're restraining and makes them more compliant.

8 minutes. 8 minutes should not be required for either case - the oxygen will delplete in a lot shorter time allowing for the removal of the knee, even if its only raised a few inches.

8 minutes.

As for Floyd's "good name" I think we need to be truthful about that too. He had a history of theft, criminal trespass, drug possession, and aggravated robbery with a gun. It has no bearing on what happened to him, but

As for Floyd's "good name" I think we need to be truthful about that too. He had a history of theft, criminal trespass, drug possession, and aggravated robbery with a gun. It has no bearing on what happened to him. Fullstop. FTFY.

By all accounts I've read he was trying to turn his life around. It boils down to this, if we think a home invasion, armed or otherwise, should not result in a life sentence, then it should not result in a death sentence.

While I personally do believe an armed home invasion should result in a life sentence, that is not the law. Once released he should have been presumed to be no more dangerous than anyone else, or he should not have been released.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon