Reply to post: Re: What's Success?

Great success! Finance app was able to inform user that their action was unsuccessful

heyrick Silver badge

Re: What's Success?

I thought, since nothing to do and sitting out in the sun, I'd pop over to see what Barclay's site says.

So I come across https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/international/accounts/moving-abroad/ which doesn't sound too useful but there's a link for moving abroad.

Tap.

Tap.

Poke, prod, tap.

Nothing. That link doesn't work. And a quick look at the page source shows why (I've replaced angle brackets with curly ones):

See our {a}moving abroad page for more{/a}.

Useful.

About as useful as your experiences.

Personally I'd be inclined to send a tracked and signed for letter stating the problems that you are having, why the solutions (go in person or smartphone app that initially needs to be set up in the UK) are not practicable without incurring a large expense, and state clearly that in lieu of any useful assistance from the bank and with no outstanding debts, you consider the account to be closed.

It might not help, but it may if somebody subsequently defrauds you on an account that you tried to close (and the bank refused). In essence, attempting to cover your ass, as you've already seen how helpful the bank is...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon