Reply to post:

Photostopped: Adobe Cloud evaporates in mass outage. Hope none of you are on a deadline, eh?

jbeech

No offense to those saying it would be nice if we still owned our software but we never 'owned' our software. We had a licensed copy running locally. I'm sure plenty of folks know the difference.

In any case, count me amongst those who preferred running my own local instance versus depending on the cloud. To the point I give up updating to the latest version from Adobe. These days, I purchase simply licenses of CS5 (version 12 of PS) because I cannot depend on working through the cloud (due to my miserably slow internet connection). Thus, Adobe hasn't seen one single US$ from my business in about ten years. Yes, I know this is a drop in the bucket to them - but - it amounted to a couple thousand dollars a year in upgrade fees. Is what it is, eh? Fortunately, an alternative for Premier was very easy to obtain and while there are very acceptable open source replacements for PS and AI, I'm perfectly satisfied working with the CS5 version.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon