Reply to post:

UK MPs to off-payroll workers: Delay IR35 reforms until 2023? You wish

OwnerScaler

Let create a corporation of contractors!... People freelance for a variety of reasons (control, convenience, money, forced by nefarious employers, genuine SMEs who can't access non-employment contracts) and IR35 is just too blunt a weapon to solve it. I started contracting 25 years ago. I use my income to kickstart and support other businesses ventures, but I'm genuinely worried that IR35 will damage innovation, entrepreneurs and the next generation of SMEs. Why? Well despite having a supplier agreement with a global tech corporation (300k staff worldwide) and paying the Government to be part of their digital passport pilot (neither of which many employees have in their back pockets), I was deemed inside IR35, because the end client made a blanket determination. When the governments support big business by giving them an opportunity to kill a market, they will take it.

So, if governments prefer businesses, rather than freelancers, let's give them a corporation (formed and owned by contractors). Don't believe it's happening?FixedTerm.Work is our first offshore asset, owned by and benefitting contractors.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon