Reply to post: Re: "engineers should never, ever get involved in User Interface design"

It is unclear why something designed to pump fuel into a car needs an ad-spewing computer strapped to it, but here we are

The Oncoming Scorn Silver badge

Re: "engineers should never, ever get involved in User Interface design"

Had a piece of equipment test software that always bugged me & a member of the design team from the first floor (AKA Skylab) sat with me to investigate the failure rates of the units out in the world.

He jumped on me when I set up a Voltage Controlled Oscillator at the upper end of the test limits (Unlike my idiot co-worker who always aimed them for the bottom of the range, we usually caught his ones at final test).

"WHOA! That's why they are failing in the field, you set them up too high" He smugly pronounced.

"Watch this" I replied even more smugly as I fitted the screening can lid I had kicking about & the VCO fell to dead centre of the range as I had hoped.

"Ohh I hadn't accounted for that" he dejectedly replied.

"Well while you are accounting for that, can you please correct the spelling of Course Adjustment to Coarse Adjustment at the same time"

CO

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon