Reply to post:

Author of infamous Google diversity manifesto drops lawsuit against web giant

LucreLout

Call them bastards or morons or something. I think you'll find people will get offended, but strangely enough, they'll consider it's your fault, despite having the choice whether to get offended or not.

I'd just think you were funny, or perhaps mentally impaired, but I wouldn't get offended.

Unfortunately the things people are choosing to get offended about aren't even as robust as being called names, its reached the point where people choose to get offended if you don't choose to recognise their made up gender (singular they's come on down). Where people choose to get offended if you don't choose to recognise their made up sexual preferences (pansexuals I'm looking at you).

There's no limit to what some snowflake might find offensive or choose to be offended about. Literally there's no limit. So, in the words of WOPR, the only way to win is not to play. So while you might choose to be offended that I didn't choose to play the latest round of your newspeak word games, that really does remain your choice. And if you do choose to be offended, I'm really not too sure why you might then think that was my problem to fix for you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon