Reply to post: Re: @"You want to call me a misogynist?"

Oracle faces claims of unequal pay from 4,000+ women after judge upgrades gender gap lawsuit to class action

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: @"You want to call me a misogynist?"

@"Oh dear. Sounds terrible.", it was the prevailing environment i.e. acceptance of violence within society. This was a time when there was still corporeal punishment in schools so ofc it continued into work.

@"Glad I never had to worked in such an environment." well given your following suggestions to the effect that I am a criminal and homosexual then it is proberbly for the best. Like I said, everything used to be "in your face" i.e. upfront and those that could only bitch kept their mouths shut or lost their jobs and or teeth.

Not saying that it was anything like perfect but atleast it was consistent for everyone, if you wanted respect you fought for it and then you and your sparring partner went to the pub and no hard feelings afterwards. Compared with the backstabbing and bitching that has replaced it, that can now can go on for years, then it must be said physical lumps are shorter lived and less damaging than emotional/mental ones.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon