Reply to post:

You can get a mechanical keyboard for £45. But should you? We pulled an Aukey KM-G6 out of the bargain bin

My other car WAS an IAV Stryker

I think you might mean Model F, not M.

Our first family PC was a clone that looked like an XT but ran like an AT. The keyboard was a Model F 'AT' clone, and the only thing different was that all the F# keys were the same color instead of bicolor. I thought it was a little tough to work with, but I was under 10 at the time.

Later on, my dad "borrowed" PS/1s or PS/2s from work with Model M keyboards. I had one of my own with an old PS/2 from 2000 to 2005; I could have saved the keyboard, but those don't matter to me as much as trackballs over mice. (I'll just stop before I sound like an advert for Logitech again.)

From that old Model F, I do miss having F# keys to the side rather than on top. I'd gladly buy an add-on for those if I had the spare cash. For work, a mechanical numerical add-on would be good too; numbers are more important than general typing, and the accuracy would be WAY improved over this laptop, but I need a KVM for all this working from home first due to sharing my main monitor and trackball.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon