Reply to post: Can I just take a moment to say F*CK TeamViewer

'Non-commercial use only'? Oopsie. You can't get much more commercial than a huge digital billboard over Piccadilly

The Dogs Meevonks Silver badge

Can I just take a moment to say F*CK TeamViewer

I was a TV user for many years... but these last few have seen a insidious demand to try and force non commercial users to pay hundreds of pounds for a license they don't need.

I use it to manage the few computers on my home network, to support my mum's PC as well as help with a couple of people occasionally who are part of the local parkinsons support group.

But like clockwork... every few months... one of them will get flagged as 'commercial use' and it's impossible to know which one, TV refuse to respond and trying to get them to remove the block is pointless. It's supposed to restrict you to 5-10 mins connection.. the reality is perhaps a few seconds... 20-30 at most... then it kicks you off.

You try helping the vulnerable, the disabled and the elderly when being treated like some kind of scumbag criminal defrauding them.

the reddit group is overflowing with exactly the same stories... and it's nothing more than an attempt at extortion from a company that has turned into a shitty, greedy, insidious bunch of wankers.

So f*ck em... every response on reddit is the same... switch to anydesk... because that's been smooth sailing for everyone so far.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon