Reply to post: Re: Prevent fraud ?

Stripe is absolutely logging your mouse movements on websites' payment pages – for your own good, says CEO

Graham Cobb Silver badge

Re: Prevent fraud ?

Well, I hope you and your colleagues are getting busy on how to replace this with an alternative fraud protection scheme which is clearly visible, stores no private information and gets pre-approval from the user.

Because, now it is known, I will certainly be taking counter-measures and I am sure we will soon see the equivalent of the canvas and audio fingerprint defenders being created for this. Personally I have removed stripe.js from my whitelist and will now only enable it for a very limited time and only on payment pages (like I do with some other payment providers who I already did not trust).

Of course, a vendor is welcome to then disallow me to purchase from them. If they can afford the hit to their revenue stream from disallowing all of us who turn on these blockers.

Sorry, but fraud protection does NOT magically override privacy or other considerations unless you get prior, informed approval.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022