Reply to post: Australian Gov

You have one job, Australian PM tells contact-tracing app, and that’s talking to medicos

john.jones.name
Go

Australian Gov

while all the above on Scotty from marketing is true one thing that this Covid-19 era has prompted :

The Prime Minister of Australia now Listens and refers to actual science and qualified people in press briefing...

That would have been unheard of previously... simply by doing that he's gone up in a lot of peoples estimations...

All they have to do to gain trust is open source the app and make the database of ephemeral ID's under the control of the health department (which it has to be since they are going to be the ones allowing the upload from a infected person (prevention of false positives) then signing the download to your device )

If they adopt the Apple/Google API (which they have to otherwise they loose 50% of the population target of phones without which it becomes increasing irrelevant) then they have to use it in that manor they just cant do it any other way...

it's if they open source it to prove they did not screw up other parts along the way which would be the interesting thing...

also if it was open source then to be honest I would use it, although I have very little trust in this government at least I could see how it was working myself.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon