Reply to post: "Give me Liberty or give me Covid-19"

Facebook sort-of blocks anti-quarantine events – how many folks are actually behind these 'massive' protests online?

Jason Bloomberg Silver badge
Flame

"Give me Liberty or give me Covid-19"

I think someone should tell them it's not a 'one or the other' choice.

I do have sympathy for those fed up with being treated as guilty until they can prove their innocence. Being pushed around and punished by jobworths. Those criminalised, named and shamed, for not doing as told rather than posing any actual actual risk. And it seems worse in America than in the UK where their police state is more advanced than ours.

I could also understand it if these were people protesting the Failed States of America, where poverty is widespread, healthcare and welfare so poor and lacking that lockdown means comply and die.

But these American protests are purely political, pro-Trump, anti-Democrat, organised and supported by the usual right wing suspects, white supremacists, racists, neo-Nazis, fascists and ultra-nationalists, militias and assorted gun-totting nut jobs and conspiracy theory loons.

Though they do have a point; the greatest freedom and liberty is being able to chose to lose one's life and take others out with you. It's "better dead than red" all over again. Welcome to America.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon