Reply to post: Re: We know what you did ...

Europe publishes draft rules for coronavirus contact-tracing app development, on a relaxed schedule

JimboSmith Silver badge

Re: We know what you did ...

Bob if the deaths aren't any worse than seasonal flu why does my annual travel insurance have a new Covid-19 clause? Why are New York undertakers overwhelmed?

To quote from the Fox News website

Brooklyn undertaker Thomas Cheeseman said funeral homes are so backed up, some people will inevitably end up being temporarily interred.

Cheeseman said the new deadlines are putting a strain on funeral homes as more and more families seek arrangements for loved ones fallen by coronavirus.

“We, the funeral directors, are overwhelmed,” Cheeseman said. “We’re inundated. The crematory can’t even take bodies for two weeks. The funeral homes don’t have refrigerated trucks parked out front.”

That doesn't sound like a normal month of April to me. I'm currently living with a relative who is in their 70's supporting them as they're vulnerable. I'm worried that an early 70s slightly overweight person who I'm not very fond of will catch this virus and die. before they can be voted for in November.

My family actually own property in the USA and it's where I usually spend my summer holiday. Unless there's a vaccine available and we are vaccinated there's not a snowball's chance hell any of us will be going to visit it this year.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon