Reply to post: Re: Re Cycle Wheels

In case you need more proof the world's gone mad: Behold, Apple's $699 Mac Pro wheels

Dr. Vagmeister
Happy

Re: Re Cycle Wheels

"Sometimes I think cycling is the new Hi-Fi in the sense of "How Much?""

I am not sure you have been on the Hifi forums recently.

We now have special fuses for the power supply, which are directional.

Special mains cables, special S/PDIF cables, special Cat6 cables, special absorption materials for equipment to stand on as the equipment feet are not good enough. Special RF absorption devices to place inside your equipment. We now also have special audio grade ethernet switches. There are also USB reclockers which are essentially a USB hub, costing many thousands. There used to be a CD disc demagnetiser - though i think the vendor realised he really was taking the p!ss.

We also have equipment that takes two weeks to warm up, and if you switch it off, and back on again, you have to wait another 2 weeks before it sounds any good.

Oooh, forgot to mention speaker cables, and interconnect cables - they all matter.

If you can't hear any difference to the above, then your system is not resolving enough, or you have a hearing issue.

People should try and visit the hifi forums - you think Apple customers are lemming brains, hifi people are seriously nuts.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon