Reply to post: "We don't want to do as we're told!"

Watch out, everyone, here come the Coronavirus Cops, enjoying their little slice of power way too much

BigSLitleP

"We don't want to do as we're told!"

I'm not used to feeling like El Reg has lost the plot, but what the fsck is going on here? People are dying and you guys are moaning because idiots are gathering and being told off by the police? Are you serious?

In order to help slow down the spread of the disease, we're being asked to not travel and not form large groups. Yes, some of the forces have been a little over-zealous (telling shop owners what they can stock, stopping people from exercising even though that's clearly allowed in the fricking rules), there are people out there being stupid. Night before last, someone decided to hold a street party. My wife is a doctor. Several people on my street are nurses. We don't need that kind of stupidity. You better believe we called the police and had that party dispursed.

This thing is not a joke. Start acting like adults. Maybe next time, get a Brit to write the story instead. Americans don't seem to know what they are doing at the moment.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon