Reply to post: Re: Nothing to Heil nothing to Fear.

Watch out, everyone, here come the Coronavirus Cops, enjoying their little slice of power way too much

Triggerfish

Re: Nothing to Heil nothing to Fear.

Well rather than that you can have a look at Vietnam.

A lot of neighbourhoods in Vietnam have block wardens, police/ gov informants,and the jungle drums in the average Vietnamese neighbourhood for gossip on who has moved in down the road etc is highly efficient, (I have had people houses down from where I have signed a housing contract know what house I am moving into before I have moved in).

During the initial stages of coronavirus in Vietnam, these two networks seemingly came together into a network that was ferocious in tracking self quarantine evaders, and those who had lied about where they were flying in from. People were hunted via social media, the longest evader lasted 18hrs and they were by a long shot the best AFAIK.

Patient 17 when they revealed they had evaded quarantine (they got to about two days) had every bit of their social media trawled over for their movements in the past two days, socially shamed, their neighbourhood got locked down, I doubt they will be able to go and live back in that area again the speed the country turned against her.

Normally all this network is totally harmless to the average guy (the neighbourhood bit anyway). But its amazing how ruthlessly efficient it can be, especially likely tied with gov informants.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon