Reply to post: Users...

As Zoom bans spread over privacy concerns, vid-conf biz taps up Stamos as firefighter in totally-not-a-PR-stunt move

NATTtrash

Users...

Don't want to state the obvious, or defend Zoom (although their call quality is better than "others"). But...

Zoom users are highly encouraged to set a password on their meetings, which is a default setting; to not share these credentials publicly, or miscreants will spot them; to use the waiting room feature to vet participants; and to control who can share what during conferences.

...which we all know users don't. I mean, >90% of the calls I do, the hosts don't even use "click to allow entry" (thus allowing gate crashing). Users start/ join with video/ audio always on. If you question hosts/ users about this, reply is that it is "such a hassle to enter passwords and switch video/ audio on all the time". Really? Moving your finger? I mean, it's not like you're asking them to do Iron Man. Good thing though that people by now got the message that downloading and installing randomly found software from the interwebz isn't what you want to do.

Oh...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon