Reply to post: Ah, to be part of the military-industrial complex

Reg fashion special: Top designer says 'video chat accessories' are in for spring!

My other car WAS an IAV Stryker

Ah, to be part of the military-industrial complex

...where cameras are a hyuuuuuge no-no and all meetings are webcasting slide decks / spreadsheets / etc. instead of video. (Just don't have an embarrassing desktop wallpaper!)

No one wants to see my messy home office anyway. Been in this house almost a year and I'm still trying to organize old paperwork (whole boxes of paid bills, receipts, etc.). If I do manage to sort them, I have a ceiling fan that still needs to be changed (ugly 80s/90s brass affair out, modern brushed nickel in); new matching cabinet/drawer handles are on their way from the Home Despot's warehouse. And maybe re-sort the bookshelves we randomly refilled just after the move. THEN this room might be camera-ready.

Taking months to improve on the semi-minor things in our living space: still better than the years we wasted waiting to improve anything in the last house. Besides, procrastination is like the bureaucracy at work: it comes standard with this industry/customer.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon