Reply to post: Re: My old phone is better than your new phone

Motorola casually trots out third UK release in as many months: This time it's a 'Lite' take on the Moto G8 Power

Martin an gof Silver badge

Re: My old phone is better than your new phone

My original G5 (on which I am typing now) used to manage 10 days with GPS, WiFi, data and BT turned off. Still usable for calls and texts. It still manages three quite easily and four or five if I'm lucky, and all this with a now 6 year old 2100mAh (IIRC) battery. Just think what the same regime could do with 5000mAh! A fortnight?

Even just being able to leave WiFi and mobile data on to receive emails and still get a week or so would be brilliant.

I was looking at a G7 Power until the G8 Power came out and all the G7s disappeared from the shops. This more affordable 'light' version could be what my wife is looking for - she has already said she needs a bigger screen but doesn't want to charge up every day. 6.5" might be a bit too big for me, but it is tempting and even the USB port isn't a deal breaker. It no doubt comes with a 10W or even 15W charger, and if not we have several lying around.

I'm running Lineage on the G, it has stopped receiving updates. The range of phones with Lineage ports is large, but not comprehensive and while some Motos have ports, the other line I'm considering - Nokia - doesn't :-/

M.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon