Reply to post: Re: It doesn't matter anyway

US prez Trump's administration reportedly nears new rules banning 'dual-use' tech sales to China

Roger Kynaston

Re: It doesn't matter anyway

I shouldn't rise to this but ...

First caveat IANE (I am not an Epidemiologist) so this is probably all bollocks anyway.

As a right pondian I am cooped up in my house along with some large fraction of the world human (and simian - chimps, bonobos and gorillas) population. This virus had it's origins in a province of China. Yes, the Chinese government made some serious errors in the early stages of the epidemic that may have facilitated its spread to being a pandemic. The government here has made some serious errors as well that look to make the outbreak worse. It seems to this non expert that all governments have made mistakes Donald D'Orange's as much as anyone.

On a specific point you mention - the WHO is not criticising the Peoples Republic as strongly as it should. One reason for this is that it is very dependent of funding from that country because a certain other head of state has been very late in authorizing payments to the WHO.

As always in international affairs, finger pointing and point scoring rarely work out well for anyone. The Chinese and US governments have shown a woeful lack of understanding of this principle recently. Thus, tit for tat trade disputes are bad for all.

</rant>

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon