Reply to post: Re: Unions

Amazon says it fired a guy for breaking pandemic rules. Same guy who organized a staff protest over a lack of coronavirus protection

Anonymous Coward
Happy

Re: Unions

Hey Smooth Newt.

Your list of straw men might be a good idea if they even made any sense. None of those silly examples are even anywhere near relevant.

It was not intended as a serious post. You wrote that X is a great idea but it fails because human nature means that people do, or don't do, something. You don't say what you think that something is, but leave it to the reader to devise some rationale or other for themselves. i.e. X is would be great but is actually shit because, well, people.

It doesn't really matter what X is, this criticism works for all X.

Lawnmowers. A great idea, but *totally fucking ruined* by human behaviour. It is up to you to think of the reasons - that's not my job. My job is to make sweeping statements and leave you to think of the justification.

Perhaps you could have thought that some people use them noisily each, every and all weekend causing major irritation to all their neighbours, or maybe that some people never use them at all and leave their gardens looking a total mess. Maybe its the devastation they wreak on smaller wildlife. Perhaps it is that people leave them all winter in freezing, leaky sheds so they don't work when they should. Take your pick, I'm not giving you a clue. Even better, think of your own reason.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon