Reply to post: Re: Donald Jenius Trump

Remember that clinical trial, promoted by President Trump, of a possible COVID-19 cure? So, so, so many questions...

Anonymous Coward
Megaphone

Re: Donald Jenius Trump

And the question you must answer is.

"What is the minimum sample size on which a P-Value can be calculated." Do the same for all the other statistics and statistical methods you mentioned....

Again a 44 observation sample is useless when you divide it by two to get a control group none of the nice sexy statistics you mention can be used with the study because the sample size is too small for the statistics to be calculated.

A p-value relates to a particular result, so you don't have a "minimum sample size" that it can be calculated for. It can be calculated for any sample size, and you need an actual result to calculate it from, so your question is meaningless.

Also, I am not your slave, so I am not going to run around like a headless chicken at your bidding. If you want to examine how sample sizes affect alpha, the threshold probability for null hypothesis rejection, in trials involving these "nice sexy statistics", which are of course completely bog standard and taught in most experimental science undergraduate courses, then I suggest you visit e.g. https://www.sample-size.net/ and do it yourself.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon