Reply to post:

Who's going to pay for Britain's Aunty Beeb to carry on? Broadband users, broadcaster suggests to government

Big_Boomer Silver badge

To be honest 10 years ago I would have fought tooth and nail for the BBC to remain as it was, but these days they produce very little of interest to me. I value BBC2s QI and Mock The Week, and series like The Planets, but the dramas leave me cold as does almost the entire content of BBC1, 3, and 4. I haven't listened to a BBC radio station for years (since John Peel died) as they just don't interest me any more. I used to love watching Top Gear but since they got Paddy McGuinness and his constant shouting and repeated "Ged In Thur" I'm now avoiding it as far too cringe-worthy.

I use the BBC News website as it's about as neutral and factual as a news site can get these days, and I judge that neutrality by the equally loud cries of "Bias" from both the Left and Right of the political spectrum. Compared to Fox, Sky, CNN, etc. it's a gem.

I do watch Dave quite a lot as it has Red Dwarf and other original comedy (as well as lots of repeats of BBC shows), but that is the commercial arm of the BBC and not funded by the License Fee.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon