Reply to post: More than scooters and knickers...

Xiaomi, phone home: Chinese everything shop currently making most sales on smartphones

NATTtrash

More than scooters and knickers...

What kind of surprises me is that ElReg does mention the eye brow raising part of Xiaomi's product range every time when it has news on the company. Missing there though is that they also have a considerable, pretty normal laptop range, which TBH is not that bad. No, they are not the absolute top of the line, super specced out, stuffed with the latest and greatest new, can not miss touch bars. But they are decent with a similar strong pricing philosophy as their mobs. If I look around in the lecture hall what students are (sorry, were) dragging in, it's clear that those lappies clearly have found their place on the market. And having seen one opened up, I can understand. Under the hood there are the same, usual suspects like Intel, Samsung, and so on, just like any A brand machine. Maybe not the latest and greatest iteration, but that's why students love their price so much. Although I must admit the influx of Xiaomi lappies was bigger 4 years ago, when their prices were still razor sharp, main MO being to wipe the Chinese windows on it completely and put *nix on it. Since then their price increased, and desirability decreased accordingly...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon