Reply to post: Re: This is a common issue with open source and consulting firms

What happens when the maintainer of a JS library downloaded 26m times a week goes to prison for killing someone with a motorbike? Core-js just found out

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: This is a common issue with open source and consulting firms

I've worked with a high powered consultant, back in the days when BS5750 was hot shit.

BS indeed. I swear he was just making up stuff and peppering it with buzzwords to make it sound important.

I don't understand, also, why management gives basically root level access to the company to an outsider. The person in question not only made suggestions of how to "streamline" the operation, but also which members of staff were ineffective (and should thus be laid off). Accordingly, the first set of names were the technical people that saw right through the bullshit. It got messy. Consultant got paid and left. As did a lot of the capable employees. And the company? A mere hiccup in history.

Don't trust anybody calling themselves a consultant that isn't a doctor. And if you work for a company that brings in consultants, don't trust management either. They'll screw you over in a heartbeat if this overpaid outsider says so.

Anonymous as it was a tech place, somebody here might be "hey, I remember that". If you do, just know that I was very against what was happening because the guy was a clueless dickhead. Why was I there? I was the PFY that translated the technical reports into simple English (imagine explaining code verification (and why it is important) to somebody like, oh I dunno, Trump...). Got paid peanuts. Hated it, hated him. I only hung around long enough to see how badly management would fuck their own company on the "advice" of a complete moron. I did tick the anon box, right? ;-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon