Reply to post: Re: iTunes is the new Flash?

Stuck inside with nothing to do? Apple fires out security fixes for iOS, macOS, wrist-puters... and something weird called iTunes for Windows

batfink

Re: iTunes is the new Flash?

I still use it. I've tried several of the alternatives and none are as convenient, or the ones that are as convenient to use won't play as nicely with all of my music. And running it on the PC is more user-friendly than on mobile devices. Lossless or HBR rips are fine through the attached amp.

I am, however, mightily pissed off at some of the changes as they try to deprecate it. It was a good, central console for controlling the content on my household's various iDevices. However Apple are now trying to make this more difficult.

Books are a particular peeve. I put all of my manuals on my mobile devices, as (obviously) the only times I'm ever going to need them are going to be the times when everything has gone to shit and I'm away from the sources. These are all in PDF, which played nicely with all the other books in the Books reader. However the recent changes have made managing PDFs a right PITA, as I can no longer just add them to my central library and have them propagate everywhere I want them. Instead I have to add them individually to each device, often one book at a time. Of course, Apple's response is "the books you've purchased from the iTunes Store will be automatically downloaded to all of your devices". Thank you very much, that's really helpful.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon