Reply to post:

Deliveroo UK adds 'Don't interact with the help' option for when ordering a burger

Mike007 Bronze badge

My GP surgery sent the following SMS yesterday:

Due to the Corona Virus situation the practice has decided to move to a Total Triage of all appointment requests. We will be recommending that all routine care is either dealt with by telephone or delayed until the risks have reduced. Please see our website for updates

So, presumably the way to get documentation is with a phone call along the lines of:

Self-Employed-Contractor: Hi, I would like to make an appointment please...

Receptionist: OK we need to get a consultant to call you before making an appointment, can you briefly tell me what the problem is and I will get someone to call you back?

Self-Employed-Contractor: I am just feeling a little unwell and I am not sure what it is. I have a cough, a high temperature, and shortness of breath...

Receptionist: OK, I will get someone to call you back as soon as possible.

Self-Employed-Contractor: Do you know when that will be? I need to go to work in a minute.

Receptionist: DO NOT GO IN TO WORK! Stay at home, isolate yourself from any witnesses who can confirm your health status everyone, and again do not go in to work!

Self-Employed-Contractor: But I am a very dedicated employee, and my employer has said that I am allowed to keep working unless given specific written instructions from a medical practitioner preventing me from doing so.

Receptionist: I am already filling out the paperwork, I will put it in the post as soon as the GP signs it and it should be delivered by tomorrow.

Self-Employed-Contractor: OK, Thank you. I guess the only way I will be able to obtain further essential supplies such as toilet roll is to use the convenient and easy to use Deliveroo app to get it delivered to my door in under an hour.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon