Reply to post: Re: Oh my goodness -- the US administration is thrashing?

White House turns to Big Tech to fix coronavirus blunders while classifying previous conversations

Loatesy

Re: Oh my goodness -- the US administration is thrashing?

[Are you really suggesting that 90% of infections are so mild that people don't even realise that they've got it? In that case I will suggest that you're either incredibly stupid, or that you have some sort of agenda for coming out with such crap.

If 90% of the infected were asymptomatic then infections would be cropping up EVERYWHERE with absolutely no indication of where and when they became infected. Since that is not the case, and tracing recent contacts has identified the source in almost all new infections, then that completely wipes out your 90% argument.

And at that point the rest of your arguments collapse.]

Wrong. Simply wrong. Your whole premis contradicts itself.

We just don't know whether or not a person can catch it and only display symptoms similar to those of the common cold and recover without even realising it. We won't know for sure unless the whole population is tested; at the moment the majority of those actually being tested are a) those with definite symptoms, b) those who have been in contact with those who have definite symptoms, and c) those who have recently returned from areas where there have been outbreaks.

So far the mortality rate is 3.7% of confirmed cases ONLY. According to the WHO website 4,607 people have died as a result of contracting Covid-19 (out of 124,518 definite cases); but it is simply not known how many people might have contracted it and simply recovered without knowing they ever had it or being tested for it.

We simply.

do.

not.

know.

enough about its pathology.

And probably never will until LONG after Covid-19 is consigned to the history books.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon