Reply to post:

HMRC claims victory in another IR35 dispute to sting Nationwide contractor for nearly £75k in back taxes

Dave 15 Silver badge

But the whole point of the ir35 shit is that Hmrc do not consider the contractor does work for his company but as a direct employee of the end company, thus it is not the contractors company that should pay sick and holidays but the end company. One reason my pay from my company is not the same as the money paid for my contract is so that my company can continue to pay me while I am sick, on holiday or not working....just like every consultant company like Deloitte does. If Hmrc wants to wrap up a huge tax then they should tackle that, it is exactly the same, the end company interviews and employs specific people from the big company, has them at their premises, doing work as directed by the end clients manager on the end clients machines, I know because I have worked through a big consultancy before. This is simply have a go at contractors because they are individuals without a mass of lawyers so are easy meat. We need to get together to fight this

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020