Reply to post: We got in there early

Morrisons puts non-essential tech changes on ice as panic-stricken shoppers strip stores

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

We got in there early

The wife is in her 80's with COPD (serious lung problems) and my health isn't brilliant and we both fall into the category of being at high risk of dying from coronavirus. As we are pensioners we don't really NEED to go out other than the weekly grocery shop. As soon as I saw what was happening in China I made an educated guess what would happen in the UK, so we stocked up on supplies back in January. Not panic buying, just a logical measured response for people in our circumstances, we didn't even cause a blip on supermarket shelf stocks. Short of an emergency we don't need to go out or mix with anyone for at least six months if necessary.

It is just a matter of risk mitigation for us. Hopefully the epidemic will have peaked and be well on its way down again before we need to emerge from our self imposed isolation. I feel sorry for those pensioners with similar poor health who either can't afford to build up a big stock of supplies or have left it too late now panic buying is setting in and the risk of infection increasing by the day.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon