Reply to post:

Windows 7 goes dual screen to shriek at passersby: Please, just upgrade me or let me die

David Shaw

There's a "digital supermarket" in Milan, near the Bicocca Village shopping mall & cinema complex.

By digital, I mean it is primarily a supermarket, selling cheese - cat food - etc

but it is a left-over from an expo of a few years ago - and has around a thousand interactive 24" screens.

These screens are supposed to interact with customer, as you wave your hands near a particular item,

say - frozen artichokes - a pop-up should tell you all about it, price etc. how fresh, nice recipes

needless to say, digital decay has set in, and an extremely high number of screens are/were showing

the full gamut of Redmond's best & brightest errors. I was laughing so much, that I was incapable

of actually taking any photographs. I'm sure it is still kaputt, guasto, SNAFU'd.

If anyone dares to visit, (I think flights to Milan are around £3 return at present), it's just behind the

KFC - it's called "Fior-Food" " "Supermarket of the Future" by (Italian) Co-Op

Supermercato del future, Cibo e Incontri, Via Friedrich Von Hayek, 20126 Milano MI

In view of the pictures or it didn't happen meme. I'll try and visit that currently surely

deserted shop centre and see if anyone has learned how to deal with "the future" yet.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon