Reply to post: Feh.

We regret to inform you there are severe delays on the token ring due to IT nerds blasting each other to bloody chunks

WolfFan Silver badge

Feh.

You and your Doom and Quake and Token Ring... Real gamers played Marathon. Cheap gamers with lots of time on their hands played Marathon using an AppleTalk network. 230 kb/s... Serious gamers used big, fast, powerful Quadras with AUIs which could handle 10Base5, 10Base2, and, yes, 10BaseT, for _superior_ gaming performance. At one point we had all three of the Marathon Trilogy installed on various machines on the network; management hated it, and we also had Retrospect backup software which could be set to ‘archive’, that is back up and delete, specific software every time it ran, and it ran every night, so Marathon had to be hidden or installed on machines which didn’t get backed up.

I have re-releases of the Trilogy on this iPad. My last (prolonged) visit to the DMV was spent playing Marathon and Cv 6. Certain people won’t play Civ 6 with me anymore as I always take out Gandhi and Curtin because they’re sanctimonious pricks and Gilgamesh and Genghis Khan before they can attack me and Victoria because if left alone she gradually becomes extremely dangerous.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon