Reply to post: I worked at a place where the lead data scientist decided he needed a standing desk

Hey, fatso. If you're standing desk-curious, the VariDesk Pro Plus won't break the bank

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

I worked at a place where the lead data scientist decided he needed a standing desk

His number 2 then decided she needed one too.

The desks arrived Monday. Tuesday was spent re-wiring the floor to get power for them.

Wednesday morning was the big day, the desks were installed after only a few hours and the users took possession.

Both went up to standing height and they worked that way for almost an hour before lunch.

They came back and worked standing for maybe 45 minutes before #2 data scientist lowered hers to sitting height.

#1 data scientist maintained standing height for an extra 30 minutes to display dominance then lowered his to sitting height.

Thursday morning, both desks up to standing height again. 1 hour work, 1 hour away at a meeting, #2 lowered hers to work seated, #2 followed after lunch.

Friday, only #1 data scientist raised his desk and dropped it again after 90 minutes.

The following week, both were working seated again but at much more expensive desks than previously. I was only there 6 more weeks so I don't know if they ever went beyond half mast after than but I read that the #2 data scientist moved on soon after.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon