Reply to post: Re: You could pay a new Computer selling those records...

Sure, check through my background records… but why are you looking at my record collection?

jake Silver badge

Re: You could pay a new Computer selling those records...

The ELO disk is worth between trash and about $50 if both the disk and sleeve are mint. The Dickies about the same. Condition is everything ... if your four year old played it on her "barbie" portable 45 player, it's trash. Also, was it a US release? UK? Japan? Oz? Makes a difference. Likewise the actual colo(u)r, large or small center hole, special promos (inner liner?), material and thickness of the pressing, etc.

Yours are probably in the $5 range if they are playable. If they are in what you consider excellent condition and you can get a couple collectors into a bidding war, you might see $20 each. Forget the high-end price for most vinyl unless it's still in its original cellophane wrapper and has been in temperature and humidity controlled professional storage since the year dot.

Now, if you can find the original Banana Vac I rather suspect that a collector would be willing to part with a couple thousand for it ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon