Reply to post: Re: It's worse even than this...

BAE Systems tosses its contractors a blanket... ban on off-payroll working under upcoming IR35 tax reforms

Roland6 Silver badge

Re: It's worse even than this...

>Not necessarily. Remember there are two distinct entities.

From your supporting piece, there are two distinct operational modes. Firstly, using the Irish company as the vehicle for your services to UK-based customers and secondly, using it as the vehicle for your international (non-UK contracts). HMRC also views these arrangements differently, seeing the first very much as an artificial construct having the direct purpose of evading UK taxes - although you could probably successfully challenge that if the UK business is a small part of a much larger international business... whereas with the second arrangement things much depend on how your Irish company pays you for your services - interest-free loans being a definite no-no.

Personally, I would look at the pros and cons of just having a company Euro/USD account - I did mine directly with a bank in France and so avoided double bank fees (UK bank charges for acting as an agent for their overseas branch, plus you pay whatever their overseas branch charges for their services), before going to the trouble and expense of incorporating in Ireland or elsewhere.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon