Reply to post: Company Policy: "Don't Do Illegal Stuff"

How many times do we have to tell you? A Tesla isn't a self-driving car, say investigators after Apple man's fatal crash

David 132 Silver badge
Facepalm

Company Policy: "Don't Do Illegal Stuff"

What's this blame-diverting BS? “We have one recommendation to Apple Inc which reads: develop a company policy that bans the non-emergency use of portable devices while driving by all employees and contractors driving company vehicles and operating portable electronic devices or using a portable electronic device to engage in work related communications.”

Yeah. I can only pray that my employer hurries up and creates a "don't do murder or animal buggery or stick crayons up your nose while on company time, m'kay" policy, because frankly, it's an epidemic in some departments, and we need HR to keep us on the straight and narrow. *rolls eyes*

Far be it from me to second-guess the NTSB or speak ill of the dead, but I think the blame here lies squarely with the person who had noticed his Tesla's AutoPilot functionality behave erratically on that section of road on multiple occasions in the past (source: other news coverage of the same incident), and yet still decided that getting a high-score in Tetris was more important than concentrating on safely controlling his two-tonne metal juggernaut.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon