Reply to post: Funny but...

BAE Systems tosses its contractors a blanket... ban on off-payroll working under upcoming IR35 tax reforms

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Funny but...

I think people forget that running a PSC means paying more tax than you would for PAYE.

If I was working 'inside' and shut down my company I don't have to pay corporation tax or pass VAT on my fees to the revenue any more. I gladly pay that now, as well as tax on dividends received. I don't see how the overall tax take goes up if HMRC turn people away from that model.

Topically, I was offered a contract by an agent working on behalf of BAES recently. They wanted me to kick off all the onboarding and checks etc before knowing if it was inside or not. When I asked for an example of the contract that would be issued, they sent me an normal PSC one. Needless to say, I held off until they came back with a decision (inside, of course 3 weeks later) and immediately declined. It was almost like they were trying to hook you and hope you didn't want to back out after doing the paperwork. No way matey!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon