Reply to post: Re: Sigh.

Researchers trick Tesla into massively breaking the speed limit by sticking a 2-inch piece of electrical tape on a sign

Martin an gof Silver badge

Re: Sigh.

civilized countries in Europe

Not sure about that on UK motorways (urban roads seem to be better). My commute to/from work is largely by busy motorway. I have known people flash me to move over when a: I am already doing 70mph (so they shouldn't need to go any faster) and b: I would have to move straight back out again because there's a lorry a few hundred yards ahead or, c: I can see that (or know from experience that) the joining slip road is packed with vehicles and me staying out of the left-hand lane makes life a lot better for those people.

Occasionally such a twit will try to undertake me, only to find him/herself stuck in the middle of said queue, or unable to move out to pass said lorry :-)

And don't get me started on the ones that try to flash me over even on a three-lane road with the third lane completely clear rather than just pulling out and overtaking.

Yes, I'll move over to the left, when it is safe and when it doesn't inconvenience anyone else. By the way, "safe" does not mean as soon as my exhaust pipe has passed the bonnet badge of someone I'm overtaking - I will leave at least a couple of car lengths.

M.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon