Reply to post: e-watches

Smartwatch owners love their calorie-counting gadgets, but they are verrry expensive

Adelio

e-watches

The thing is i bought my current (non e-watch) 10 years ago and expect it to last for at least another 10 or 20 years. It is solar powered so does not need batteries.

Now given that most smart watches appear to last a few years either because they fail or the supplier goes broke so the smart watches loose functionality, why oh why would I wast money on one.

My Samsung S9 is neally 2 years old and was VERY expensive but i have no intention of replacing it any time soon. Phones have become too expensive and what exactly am I paying for in the next new phone. I Know, lets have 5 cameras, no 6, no, how about 10 and the screens are now really getting too large.

And now everyone seems to think NOT having a headphone jack is a good thing. Well Do I really want to spend £200 on some crappy bluetooth headphones that keep needing charging and will fail after a few years. my £20 wired inear headphones are 5 years old and will probably last another 5 years before I have to change them.

Have you ever tried to watch a fimlm on the tv with bluetooth headphones. Talk about lipsync issues!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon