Reply to post: "The crew will spend up to five days in space without visiting the International Space Station"

I'm sorry, Elon. I'm afraid I can't do that... SpaceX touts robo-rides for orbital vacations, lift-off in 2021-ish

Pascal Monett Silver badge

"The crew will spend up to five days in space without visiting the International Space Station"

They will pay $20 million to be cooped up in what looks like a large-ish Gemini capsule for five whole days ?

If you can splurge that amount of money, you are a person that has the habit of doing whatever you want, going wherever you want, whenever you want. You're also used to spacious, luxurious environments and people whose only job is to ensure that you're happy. Being locked up in a large telephone booth for five days is not your habitual environment, and doing that with four other people who are just as uppity as you are is going to drive someone crazy without a shred of doubt.

Plus, you'll not only not have caviar and champagne on demand, you'll also be defecating in full view of four total strangers. You'll have to get along with them, and that's not something you're used to either.

Paying that amount of money sure will bring you bragging rights back home - if you live to brag about it - but the experience is going to be unique in more ways than one, that's for sure.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon