Reply to post: Re: Hmm, I remain deeply deeply sceptical.

Auf wiedersehen, pet: UK Deutsche Bank contractors plan to leave rather than take 25% pay cut for IR35 – report

Manny Bianco

Re: Hmm, I remain deeply deeply sceptical.

If there is an exodus, then it will be at the time the reforms come in by April 6th. DB aren't bothering to hire HERE in the UK. They are already offshoring the work. So, you have the double whammy of people being forced to find other employment to avoid investigations by HMRC, and other companies not engaging with PSC contractors.

I'm one of those affected, but at a different company. I'm working on a very important project of massive commercial value to that company. I'll be leaving on March 31st IF I'm deemed inside IR35 (despite my most recent status being confirmed as outside). I cannot go permanent at that company as they won't pay the agency's finder's fee payable when a contractor they introduce switches to a permanent role. They'll lose my expertise, experience and knowledge of their systems - and the systems I have built for them - and will try to backfill with a new permanent person or will offshore it, which is of no help to the UK.

This is also going to be seen as a way for companies to reduce their costs. They force potential workers to go through a specific umbrella company, where they get paid less, and the company doesn't have to pay Employer's NI or provide benefits like sick pay, holiday, maternity/paternity pay, pensions etc.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon