Reply to post: Re: They toooock ewre joohbs!!!

Crazy idea but hear us out... With robots taking people's jobs, can we rethink this whole working to survive thing?

CountCadaver Silver badge

Re: They toooock ewre joohbs!!!

and in ref to plumbers and electricians, if your not 16-20 then your locked out of the industry in the UK as no one will give you an apprenticeship and you need that to get a trade card to work on building sites and to join the oversight bodies (gassafe, NICEIC, STROMA, NAPIT etc etc), which you then need to sign off work

Its protectonism at its worst,I've even heard to talk of banning the sale of electrical fittings (swtches, sockets etc) to the public and supplying them only through trade only merchants and only on production of the "correct" level trade card - worse still the person suggesting this was invited to address a parliamentary committee about electrical safety and spent his blaming DIYers, retrained workers etc for any and all problems with electrical safety in the UK...like the 1950s all over...soon said same people will be demanding workplace demarcation be brought back - "Oh I can't do that, I only install sockets, I don't do light switches or install the cabling, you'll need a light switch installer and a cable puller to do those jobs, governing body would have me strung up if I touch that"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon